This post may contain affiliate links, please see my disclosures for more info.
As of today there are officially 12 weeks until Christmas! Following this plan, you can easily save up $500 by then or even $1000 if you double the weekly savings.
Many of you know that I have a background working with peoples finances. Every year it is shocking and sad to me just how much people hurt financially over the holiday season.
According to a recent survey from GoBanking.com nearly 7 in 10 Americans have less than $1,000 in their savings account. Out of the 7,000 people surveyed, 34% said they have absolutely nothing saved for their future. 15% of the people surveyed have over 10,000 in their accounts, and 4% have between $5000-$10,000 saved.
In order to start saving money, in most cases it would help to make more money. Here are a few ways that have helped me make money over the years. For a complete list of ways to make quick cash see my blog post here (coming soon).
- Start a blog: what? you can actually make money blogging? Yes you can! My friend Michelle makes over $100,000 a month with her blog and she has a course to teach you exactly how you can do it too! See my post on how you can start a profitable blog in less than 30 minutes.
- Take surveys online. Lets be honest, its not fast cash, but it is nice to get a little bit of money here and there. There are a lot of legit survey websites out there. Some that I know of are: Survey Junkie, Swag Bucks, Ipsos Isay, Pinecone Research. I will add more as I find more.
- Rev.com: Revs mission is to get more people working from home. They are looking for freelancers to help with transcripts, captions, and translations. Here is a screenshot of what they pay.
- There are many ways to make money, see my complete list! (coming soon)
- Get your glasses at ZenniOptical.com! I love my Zenni glasses!! All you need is your current eye glass prescription. The website is easy to navigate you can get glasses for as little as $6.95! I’ve ordered 3 pairs from them over the past 5 years and the most I’ve spent at one time is $48.00 INCLUDING SHIPPING. Did I mention they have a refer a friend program? That’s right, you refer someone to ZenniOptical, they will give you $5.00 and your friend $5.00, just make sure you refer your friend through the link at the bottom of ZenniOptical’s website. I love that SOO MUCH! Try them out today ♥
- Acorns! Can we just talk about how much I love Acorns.com? Acorns is an investing site that will automatically invest your spare change. Lets say you make a purchase for $6.56, Acorns sees that purchase and rounds it up to $7.00. It takes that .44 cents and puts it into an investment account for you. You of course can add more money if you would like, as well has have a minimum amount come out of your account daily, weekly or monthly too. AND you pick your portfolio, they put your money across many stocks to minimize risks. Learn more on their website, try it, you would be surprised how much a little coin here and there adds up huge.
- Save money on groceries by using apps such as IBOTTA, or becoming a part of the National Consumer Panel family.
- IBOTTA is an app where you select the items you are going to buy, go to a participating store, buy the items, and take a picture of your receipt. IBOTTA will match it up with the things you bought and give you the rebate.
- National Consumer Panel will have you download their app on your smartphone to take with you for your grocery store visits. All you have to do is scan the items you bought in the app. It is so simple! They pay you with a point system, after points add up, they can be redeemed for cash.
- For more ways to cut your spending and save up money see this post. (coming soon)
You May Also Like:
- 10 Ways to Make Money by Friday
- Start a Money Making Blog
- Doing these 10 things could save you 100’s